WHAT PROCESS DO YOU FOLLOW?
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR AN IN-HOME CONSULTATION?
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY IN-HOME CONSULTATION?
IS THE APPOINTMENT AT YOUR LOCATION OR MINE?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY CUSTOM MADE TREATMENTS?
HOW MUCH WILL MY TREATMENTS COST?
Custom is more expensive than ready-made. We are making one item specifically for you and not mass producing. Hence discussing your budget ahead of time is highly recommended. To give you an indication of my prices, however, here are two scenarios:
- A pair of hand sewn drapes for window. Pole width is 80″, drop of drape is 90″. You have requested these to be lined with a pinch pleated heading. Labor cost for this treatment would be $220.00 (plus tax) plus the cost of the lining fabric. This amount does not include your hardware. You will need 12 yards of face fabric to complete this project.
- A Roman shade 40″ wide by 50″ long. Assembled with shade cords and lift cord. Labor would be $196.00 (plus tax). Finishing will be with blackout lining. You will need 1.5 yards of face fabric.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY TREATMENTS?
I HAVE JUST MOVED HOUSES AND HAVE MANY ROOMS THAT NEED TREATMENTS; DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?
DO YOU OFFER TRADE PRICES?
WHAT GUARANTEES DO YOU GIVE?
HOW LONG HAS ALPHA DÉCOR BEEN IN BUSINESS?
DO YOU SUPPLY FABRIC?
WHAT AREAS DO YOU WORK IN?
I LIVE OUTSIDE OF YOUR STATE; CAN YOU STILL HELP?
DO YOU ALTER EXISTING WINDOW TREATMENTS?
DO YOU SELL BLINDS AND/OR SHUTTERS?
I WANT SOMETHING UNUSUAL. CAN YOU HELP?
HOW DO I CLEAN MY NEW CUSTOM TREATMENTS?
What are fascinators made of?
Fascinators can be made of various types of fabrics and materials, all of which are combined to create a unique design. A few common materials used to create fascinators include:
- Sinamay, which is a fabric made from banana plant fibers and is often used to make the base of a fascinator, as well as decorative loops or curls.
- Feathers, such as goose, ostrich, guinea fowl, or peacock.
- Crinoline, which is a stiff fabric that‘s used to create architectural decorative elements.
- Lace, which adds a delicate beauty to pretty much anything.
- Silk flowers, which are a fairly traditional decorative element, and add a touch of femininity to a fascinator.
How much are your fascinators, hats and hatinators?
Do I have to pay upfront?
What is a bespoke design?
How do I place an order?
For your convenience, there are different ways to order.
- By telephone – call Janet Andoh @+1(207) 409-0692 or +1 (678) 919-9998 to discuss your order.
- Email– Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions you may have on placing your order.
- In person – Please make an appointment to visit our Studio. Appointments are generally available week days, week nights and also on a weekend (Saturday only).
- Virtual Consultation– If distance is an issue, then an alternate would be to undertake a consultation virtually (facetime or SKYPE) so that I can fully understand your requirements.
What is your time frame?
What sort of Payment options do you have?
- Online– you can pay by secure online credit or debit card payment through PayPal.
- I will email you a PayPal invoice, from which you can make your online payment.
- By telephone– you can phone in your credit card details. This method will attract a 3% increase in your payment, just so you know!
- In person– you can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), check or cash, if visiting the Studio.
Can I try before I buy?
I like a piece but want it changed a little. Will you customize it for me?
Could you copy a design I've seen?
Can I email a picture of my dress to you?
Can I wash my hat or fascinator?
No. Washing such items will make them lose their shape and sometimes even wash away the colors. From experience, I know that even applying a damp sponge is not advisable as this can create permanent staining – I once tried to clean make up stains on the brim of my hat – bad move! Tip – to avoid make up stains, place a small piece of carpenter’s tape (the color of the fascinator, if possible) directly under the brim to avoid it touching your forehead before (or even whilst) wearing – good luck!
If you need to clean your fascinator or hat, we recommend removing any dust or particles with a low tack adhesive tape.
What types of weddings can I wear a fascinator to? Is wearing a fascinator (or hat) necessary?
If the wedding you are attending is in the evening, a hat may not be appropriate but a fascinator will be. It’s not necessary to wear a fascinator, but it can be a lot of fun! Fascinators can add color and personality to your outfit, and help pull together a look. Only wear a fascinator if you feel comfortable doing so, and enjoy the experience!
Is there anything I should know about wearing a fascinator to a wedding?
Unlike a hat, there is no need to remove your fascinators if you are indoors, or when you enter a church (or other religious building, unless specified).
Mother knows best
The mother of the bride dictates when other ladies may remove their hats and fascinators. If you are attending a traditional wedding hosted by the bride’s family, only remove your fascinator if/when the mother of the bride removes hers.
If you still have questions unanswered, please contact ByAlpha Couture.